2nd Fix Carpenter for Immediate Start.
DJ Moore Lofts is looking for a skilled 2nd fix carpenter for an immediate start working in and around the Bedford and Milton Keynes area.
The successful applicant will receive very competitive rates of pay, along with a company van and uniform. We can offer full-time, long-term work.
As a family-run independent business, customer satisfaction is our number one priority. All our loft conversions are project managed, and materials are delivered to the site, leaving you to work continuously on the conversion.
Main Job Role:
- Preparation of internal doors and frames – door furniture and hinges
- Installing internal doors/frames, architrave and skirting boards
- Stair handrails and spindles
- Snagging (2nd fix)
- Ideally, someone with multi-skills to help complete the build and cover any snagging and remaining bits, i.e. filling and completing random snags.
- Must be skilled in 2nd fix joinery
- Must be able to provide quality finishes
- Must be punctual and reliable with a good work ethic; this is not a job for clock watchers
- Must be able to put the hours in to keep the job on schedule
- Must be physically fit; constructing loft conversions can be physically challenging
- Must be presentable, polite and organised
- Must be able to work under pressure with a good temperament
- Must have a full driving licence
- Must have good communication skills
Would be supplied with company van fuel card, work mobile phone and company power tools (supply own hand tools).
If the above is of interest to you, then please email details of your loft conversion construction experience in order to be considered.
ONLY APPLY if you have actual construction experience.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: Starting salary of £28k-32k
- Schedule: Day shifts, Monday to Friday