We are a well-established company focusing predominantly on loft conversions, based in Bedford and working in and around Bedford, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on our ever-growing reputation and consistently work hard to give our clients the absolute best service that we can. With the company rapidly growing, we are now seeking a Multi-Skilled Tradesperson/Carpenter/Finisher to join our team.
- Assisting with 1st and 2nd fixing carpentry in the lofts
- 2nd fix bathroom installations including sinks, toilets, baths, showers, and integrated valves, etc
- Snagging/finishing as required – this may involve tile repairs, door trimming, filling nail pops, roof/site inspection and clean up following scaffold and skip removals ready for handover
- Starting as a subcontractor on a trial basis with a view to becoming employed if required
- Day rate/price depends on experience, quality and speed at which work is completed
- Must be punctual and reliable with a good work ethic; this is not a job for clock watchers
- Must be able to put the hours in to keep the job on schedule
- Must be physically fit; constructing loft conversions can be physically challenging
- Must be presentable, polite and organised
- Must be able to work under pressure with a good temperament
- Must have your own tools
- Must have your own van/transport – van can be supplied/rented
- Must have a full driving licence
- Must have good communication skills
The Candidate Would Need To:
- Be able to professionally communicate with the client – engaging with them and informing them of which stage they are currently at with the building process and what will be happening next
- Effectively communicate within the teams to ensure focus and sticking to the schedule
- Be able to read and understand architectural drawings and plans and able to meet construction deadlines
- Order building materials with our designated suppliers making sure materials have arrived on time and are used efficiently
- Schedule specialist tradesman to come on site as and when needed
- Have a strong understanding of HSE regulations
- Be neighbour friendly – communicating with neighbours using impeccable customer service skills and courtesy
- Have a full driving licence (a van and tools will be provided)
Experience with loft conversions would be ideal, but the applicant must have a full understanding and experience within the construction industry, possessing all-round skills, including carpentry and bathroom fitting.
Must be professional in a domestic setting, i.e. professional and approachable with clients and always leaving work areas clean and tidy.
A uniform will be provided to stay in keeping with our high levels of professionalism.
We are not looking to sub-contract anyone from you. Instead, we are seeking an honest, hardworking individual who has the desire to work with an outstanding work ethic.
To Summarise: DJ Moore Lofts Ltd are looking for a punctual tradesperson who can provide a reliable service to our clients, possesses exceptional customer relations skills and can work to an extremely high standard.
If you feel you would like to work with a company that is well established, growing at a rapid pace, values its staff and is becoming ever more successful, please get in touch using firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reference ID: Multi-Skilled Tradesperson/Finisher
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent
- Salary:£120.00-£140.00 per day