I run a well-established loft conversion company based in Bedford and operate in and around Bedford and Milton Keynes. We pride ourselves on our reputation and work hard to give our clients the space they dream of.
We are fully booked well into next year with the company still growing, so we are looking to expand our team.
We are looking for a team that can handle all our plumbing work in-house. They must be able to meet all bathroom installation requirements, i.e. 1st fixing of all pipework, connecting to live pipes, 2nd fixing all bathroom items including showers, baths, integrated valves etc. We also ask for a good level of experience with boiler breakdowns and fault finding on systems. While tiling is not the main part of the role, it would be good if the applicant has tiling experience for the odd repair.
We are Gas Safe registered, so we would have a Gas Safe Certificate holder added to our account. At the moment, we are completing roughly 4 to 5 bathrooms per month.
- Plumbing experience
- An honest, hardworking person/team that has a strong work ethic
- To be able to effectively communicate with the client – engaging with them on a daily
- basis and informing them of the progress, which stage they are currently at, and what will be happening next.
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and able to work under pressure from time to time to get works completed
- Make sure materials have arrived on time and are used efficiently
- Be able to read and understand architectural drawings and plans
- Order building materials with assigned suppliers
- Meet construction and installation deadlines
- Ability to be able to work alongside different team members/colleagues and trades
- Must be great in a domestic setting, i.e. professional and approachable with clients, and work areas must always be left clean and tidy
- Have a strong understanding of the HSE regulations, and be able to brief your team daily
- Have your own hand tools and a full driving licence
Nice To Have:
- Experience with loft conversions would be ideal but must have a full understanding of buildings and bathrooms
Please note you would be working alongside our Plumbing Apprentice and, as such, be expected to be an excellent mentor and willing to teach. This gives the benefit of a second pair of hands to help share the workload.
Uniform will be supplied and must always be worn on site to stay in keeping with our high level of professionalism. A gas analyser and power tools will be provided, along with a company van, fuel card and trade cards to purchase materials as required.
- Job Type: Full-time with 25 days’ annual leave
- Working hours: 40 hours per week (onsite 8am – 4.30pm with a 30-minute unpaid break)
- Salary: £25-38k depending on experience and qualifications
If you feel you would like to work with a very well-established company that is growing at a rapid pace, values its employees, and is looking to grow ever more successful, please get in touch.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the role and feel you could be a good candidate for the job. A telephone interview may be offered in the first instance, followed by face to face interview at our office in Bedford. The successful candidate will be asked to provide references from past employment.